Saturday, September 28, 2013

New Lead Pastor for Rejoice! Church

Zach Thompson was installed as the new lead pastor at Rejoice! Lutheran Church in August, and I was privileged to be there for the installation along with ARC leader, Dan Clites (who is the founding pastor of Rejoice!). Zach recently joined the ARC and as the Director for the ARC, I am very excited about the future God has in store for Zach and Rejoice. I asked Zach to tell us a bit about himself. He writes:

“My name is Zach Thompson. I am a fourth generation pastor who felt God's call to ministry while working at Bible Camp summers during college. I have a passion for preaching and teaching the good news of Jesus in a relevant and practical way, and helping people identify their gifts and a place to use them to God's glory. My wife Lexi is a special education and reading teacher, and we have a 9 year old son named Soren, and a 6 year old daughter named Elise.

After serving as Associate Pastor at Shepherd of the Valley Church in Afton, MN for the past 10 years, I have accepted a call to be Lead Pastor at Rejoice! Church in Dundas/Northfield, MN. I am excited for the opportunity to serve at a church that is passionate about reaching people for Jesus and sending people out to be marketplace ministers. My hope for Rejoice is that it continues to be a effective kingdom building and kingdom training center that makes a difference for Jesus in the Northfield area and beyond.

I have chosen to join the ARC because of its spirit-led leadership and mission. I am drawn to ARC's celebration of the power of the Holy Spirit. I look forward to networking with other ARC leaders. And I look forward to working together to make Jesus famous and to invite people into a saving relationship with him!”


Welcome aboard the ARC, Zach. We look forward to ministering alongside you and Rejoice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers