Saturday, March 9, 2013

The ARC Welcomes Chris Byars

-->
We are happy to welcome Chris Byars into membership in the Alliance of Renewal Churches (ARC). Chris is one of a number of leaders in Florida and who are desiring to affiliate with the ARC. We asked Chris to tell us a bit about himself and his family. He writes:

“I am the husband of Dawn and the father of three beautiful children - Jameson (4), Nathaniel (2), and Charlotte (1). I have been familiar with the ARC for a number of years and Mike Bradley has been a great friend and guide that I met while serving my internship at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Fridley, MN. I have served as pastor of Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church in Dade City, FL since March 1, 2008. After the decision of the ELCA in August of 2009 and through great discernment Shepherd of the Hills left the ELCA and became dually affiliated with NALC (North American Lutheran Church) and LCMC (Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ). 

If I had to describe my faith I would say that I am an orthodox, Evangelical, Charismatic, Lutheran Christian fully walking in the various streams of the faith. The congregation I serve is not charismatic in nature, but in my tenure we have been focusing more and more on being a praying congregation with occasional periods of extended prayer within our reclaimed prayer room. After much discernment I felt that it was time to join ARC and be a part of a group that could feed my charismatic side. It is good to know that I will be with a group of fellow Christian brothers and sisters who will support and pray for each other in a very intentional manner that differs from the other groups of which I walk. I am a firm believer of the strength that can be found when tapping into all of the streams of our faith as we seek guidance in the Word, the Sacraments, and through His Holy Spirit. Being one of an eclectic faith understanding I look forward to seeing what our Lord does!  Come Holy Spirit!”

Welcome aboard the ARC, Chris. We are excited to have you joining our band of brothers and sisters!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers